So you're convinced that video will help your sales. But how do you get started? Just giving all your sales reps a new video tool won't work in the long run. It will work wonders for a while, but people will likely go back to their old habits soon without a proper plan.
What you need is a rollout plan for video in your sales team. That will help you make sure that the time and effort you spend bringing video into the team doesn't go to waste.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Who needs to be taught? Don't just teach the sales reps. The managers need to know how to use this too. If you want to go the extra mile, make video a part of your certification program.
- Who needs to be involved in launching and supporting new software? You might need the help of your IT-department to get things off the ground. And where do sales reps turn to when they need help or get stuck in technicalities?
- Where do you start? Make it simple for everyone by identifying initial use-cases. Pick something that plays to the strength of your team. Start small, look for success, and expand from there.
- Set goals. As with everything else in sales, make sure to set expectations and goals. Both teams and individuals. How many videos per week? What kind of conversion are you expecting? How much time to spend on video versus other forms of communication?
- How do you visualize progress? Make it possible to note when video was used in a deal. Encourage reps to record that information.
- How do you collect feedback? Create channels for feedback. Winning should lead to more wins. Learnings should be distributed in the team. Encourage sales reps to share their experience and make it a part of your routine to collect it.
The best way to get started is to start
Video can do wonders for your sales results if you let it. Once you get responses from prospects like, "That is the best cold email I've ever received," video becomes a habit. Until then, the best way to get started is to start. Send your first sales video today. You'll see the benefits and start learning right away!