Frida Ahrenby, CMO at GetAccept, has been leading and scaling B2B Marketing teams for many years at several global companies. And when I (Josef Fallesen) asked her for her 3 best tips for building a world-class B2B marketing machine she told me the following.
1. Understand your target audience:
- You need to have a deep understanding of your target audience.
- Take the time to thoroughly research and define your ideal customer profile (ICP) and your personas.
- This includes understanding their pain points, challenges, needs, buying behavior, where they hang out and why/why not they would choose you as their supplier.
- Skip persona details such as shoe size, hair color, and civil status ;)
- Did you know? Research-backed buyer personas have been proven to increase sales opportunities by 20%!
2. Create compelling and relevant content:
- When you know your ICP fully, you can create highly targeted and personalized marketing messages that resonate with your audience.
- Develop a content strategy that focuses on providing value to your audience and that builds your brand and product position.
- Create high-quality and relevant content such as blog posts, reports, use cases, testimonials, videos, and webinars and put time and effort into distribution to make sure content reaches your audience triggering interest and a willingness to build relationships with your company.
3. Get the right people onboard - Building a world-class B2B marketing machinery will never happen if you don’t have the right people in your team:
- Invest time in finding the right talent! What competence do you need at each given time to move forward and scale your machinery? Carefully choose your people and don’t ever recruit until the time is ready.
- Invest in the people you already have on your team - what to they need to stay energised, passionate about the mission and focused on task at hand?
- Work with distinct role descriptions and set clear expectations on each role.
- Building a B2B business is hard - walk the talk, focus on team wins and have fun along the way.